The “Jumper” Forex strategy belongs more to the scalping category, and similar trading systems have not been “frequent guests” on this site in recent years. That is why she interested us. However, despite all of the above, it is quite simple to understand and apply in the market.
The author of the strategy indicates that this strategy is more profitable in the autumn and spring periods. However, we tested it from June 2018 to mid-October 2018 and still saw some nice returns. The profit for the specified period was about +1000 points (4 digits) and this was in just 3.5 months. For unprofitable trades: there were no more than 2 stop losses in a row during this period; accordingly, the maximum drawdown was 60 points.
- Currency pair – GBPJPY
- Time interval – M15.
- No indicators are needed — the vehicle is indicatorless!
Conditions for purchases using the Forex Strategy “Jumper”:
1) Trading is carried out from 9:00 to 20:00 on the Alpari terminal (it doesn’t matter whether it is summer or winter, it will always be the same) for other Brokers — select the time yourself, comparing it with the MT4 terminal from Alpari!
2) We are waiting for the formation of a candle with a white body, the size of which is more than 15 and less than 25 points.
3) As soon as this candle closes, a buy deal is concluded.
4) Stop loss 30 points.
5) Take profit is set at a distance of 15 points.
6) If at 20:00 there are still active transactions, then they should be transferred to breakeven, even if the transaction is in the negative zone (in this case, we move the profit to the opening point!)
7) An existing active order does not cancel trading on a new signal.
8) If, after receiving a signal, immediately on the next candle another candle is formed to enter in the same direction, then such a signal is ignored and we do not trade on it. At least 30 minutes must pass between signals in the same direction!
Terms of sale:
1) Similarly: trading is carried out only from 9:00 to 20:00 via the Alpari terminal.
2) We are waiting for the formation of a candle with a black body, the size of which is in the range: more than 15 and less than 25 points.
3) As soon as this M15 candle closes, a sell trade is opened.
4) Safety order — Stop loss is set at a distance of 30 points from the market entry point.
5) Profit taking order — Take profit is placed at a distance of 15 points from the entry.
6) If at 20:00 Alpari terminal time there are still unclosed transactions, then they should be transferred to the break-even point (zero). If it is in the “-” zone, move the profit to the trade opening point.
7) If there is an active order, then we can still trade on the new signal, but subject to the following rule:
8) If, after opening a trade, a candle is formed again on the next candle to enter in the same direction, then such a signal is passed. There must be at least 30 minutes between signals in one direction.
Video version of the Forex Strategy “Jumper”:
There is no template and indicators according to the conditions, so I am not attaching them!